OYO At a Glance
Find the Best Answer to the Future of People and the Earth.
OYO finds solutions to social issues through technology based on geoscience. Introducing topics for understanding OYO at a glance.
ABOUTWhat is OYO?
An expert corporation in geoscience,
we seek to realize a prosperous, safe, and secure society by engineering
harmony between human society and the natural environment
Since our founding, OYO has used our knowledge and technology for geology and other earth sciences to find the optimal solutions for achieving harmony between human activities and the natural environment in areas such as infrastructure development, disaster prevention, the environment, and issues related to resources and energy. Our businesses are directly linked to the resolution of social issues and also contribute significantly to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).Management Philosophy and Management Vision
OYO Group by the Numbers
Net Sales (consolidated)
Number of Employees
Number of Companies (domestic / overseas)Domestic Companies 12Overseas Companies 9
The OYO Group currently operates four businesses which are linked to social issues.
Actually, although not well known, our work is utilized in aspects of daily life.
- Large-scale seismic motion calculation /
surveying for earthquake damage prediction
- 3D geotechnical analysis technology /
OYO GEO TOOLS
- Pavement maintenance management services
using traffic big data
- Under-road cavity exploration services
- Cultural heritage conservation
- Naturally derived heavy metals
- Soil / groundwater pollution surveys
and countermeasure support services
- Hazard mapping sensor solutions
- Volcano monitoring system
- Hazard mapping sensor solutions
- Watershed / flood
- Tunnel inspection, maintenance,
and management services
- Biodiversity surveys
and OECM registration support services
- Appropriate management system for invasive fish
to protect water areas and fisheries
- Flood sensor bollards
- Offshore wind power generation
- Tsunami height and flooding area
- Disaster prevention support services
for power facilities, etc.
- Tree diagnosis
- Underground visualization services
Infrastructure, maintenance, management, and renovation
- Geological surveys and designs related to infrastructure construction, and proposals of solutions to business-related problems
- Consulting for infrastructure inspection, soundness diagnosis, and service life extension
- Development and provision of infrastructure inspection systems, etc.
- Number of Employees 959
- Net Sales 19.8 billion yen
Natural disaster prevention and mitigation
- Support for prediction of damage from earthquakes, tsunamis, etc. and formulation of disaster prevention plans
- Investigation of causes of floods, landslides, etc., and proposal of countermeasures
- Development and provision of disaster prevention monitoring systems, etc.
- Number of Employees 459
- Net Sales 13.5 billion yen
- Various consulting and assessment related to biodiversity
- Investigation, consulting, and support for countermeasures against soil / groundwater pollution and waste issues
- Environmental regeneration support service in Fukushima, etc.
- Number of Employees 640
- Net Sales 9.9 billion yen
Natural Resources and Energy
- Commercialization support service for renewable energy such as offshore wind power
- Various surveys and consulting for disaster prevention measures for power plants, etc.
- Development and provision of natural resource development equipment
- Number of Employees 277
- Net Sales 15.7 billion yen
No. 1 share in Japan for geological surveys
OYO has the largest scale in Japan in terms of the number of engineers involved in geological and geotechnical surveys, the number of data held, and the amount of sales.
DX Stocks 2022
Selected for the Digital Transformation Stocks (DX Stocks) 2022, which is a program operated by Japan's Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, the Tokyo Stock Exchange, and other groups for our advanced DX initiatives.
High presence in BIM / CIM
Thanks to our 3D geotechnical analysis technology, we are leading the domestic and overseas markets in the field of ground in BIM / CIM*, which is being introduced at an accelerating pace worldwide.
From consulting to development of devices
We own equipment products and system service departments within the Group. This enables us to develop comprehensive solutions that combine software and hardware.
In addition to contributing to improving the sustainability of society through our business activities, we are also actively working on ESG management (decarbonization, diversity, corporate governance, etc.) as part of our Group's organizational activities.Sustainability
In order to achieve sustainable growth of the Group's business, we have formulated management plans for the medium- to long-term, and are steadily implementing those plans.Medium-Term Business Plan
In 1957, OYO started as a geological survey company under the slogan of "Creating Geological Engineering". The slogan "Creating Geological Engineering" refers to our aim to create new
markets by applying the scientific field of geology to the civil engineering and engineering fields, and by pioneering the border areas between the two fields.
Even now, we continue to value this frontier spirit from the time of our founding, and we are taking on the challenge of creating new markets through fusion with digital technology and cross-industrial open innovation.