Terms and conditions
The following terms and conditions constitute the contract between Buyer and OYO Corporation (hereinafter referred to as “Seller”).
Acceptance of products or services described in Buyer orders shall occur only when acknowledged in writing from Seller.
- All prices published by Seller may be changed at any time without notice.
- Prices are exclusive of all freight, customs, license or other fees applied to shipment, and are exclusive of all excise, sales, use, and other taxes imposed by any federal, state, municipal, or other governmental authority, all of which taxes shall by paid by Buyer.
- All prices shall be as specified by Seller or, if no price has been specified, shall be Seller’s price in effect at the time of delivery.
3. TERMS OF PAYMENT
- All invoiced charges are net cash payable in U.S. dollars or Japanese yen, and currency type is specified in the acknowledgement of order issued by Seller.
- Contract to purchase is established by electronic transfer of contract amount to Seller’s bank account immediately prior to shipment of ordered products, unless otherwise specified.
- Unless otherwise specified, the terms for the delivery of products shall be FCA (Free Carrier) Japan, and the time of delivery shall be the time when the product is ready for pickup at Seller’s premises in Tsukuba, Ibaraki prefecture, by Buyer or by a carrier for delivery to Buyer.
- Seller shall not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from any delay in delivery or failure to deliver which is due to any cause beyond Seller’s control, including, without limitation, acts of nature, unavailability of supplies or sources of energy, riots, wars, embargoes, fires, floods, epidemics, lockouts, strikes and slowdowns, delays in delivery by Seller’s suppliers, or acts of omissions of Buyer. c) In the event of delay due to any such cause, time for delivery shall be extended for a period equal to the duration of the delay. If, as a result of any such cause, any scheduled delivery is delayed for a period in excess of 60 days, Seller may, at its option, by written notice to Buyer, cancel that and all future deliveries without further liability or obligation of any kind. Products on which delivery is delayed due to any cause within Buyer’s control may be placed in storage by Seller at Buyer’s risk and for its account. Buyer shall be liable for all costs and expenses incurred by Seller in holding or storing products by Buyer or at Buyer’s request.
Unless otherwise specified, Seller assumes no obligation to install any products sold or to place them in working order at Buyer’s premises or elsewhere after delivery.
All products are subject to Seller’s standard tolerances for specifications. Seller reserves the right to make substitutions and modifications in the specifications of any product provided that such substitutions or modifications do not materially affect the performance of the products or the purposes for which they can be used.
7. CONDITIONS OF WARRANTY
- Seller warrants to Buyer that the Product provided under this contract shall be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of one (1) year, measured from the date of shipment. This warranty applies only to defects in material and workmanship in covered Products and is not to be interpreted as providing full service coverage for such items as routine maintenance, adjustments or recalibration.
- Consumable items (i.e. thermal papers, packer tubes, hammer switches, batteries and so on) are specifically excluded from this Warranty.
- Seller’s warranty policy does not apply to products which have been subjected to accident, abuse, or misuse, shipping damage, alterations, incorrect and/or non-authorized service or products on which the serial number plate has been altered, mutilated or removed.
- Warranty does not cover products that have been repaired or modified other than by Seller, or products that have been subjected to misuse or to negligent or accidental mishandling.
- Except where Seller has performed the installation of specific products, Seller assumes no responsibility for damage incurred during installation of products or by damage caused by no fault of the Seller.
- Buyer is responsible for the prepayment of all freight charges, insurance, customs, imposts, duties, etc., to return defective products to Seller and for Seller to return the repaired or replaced products to buyer.
- Products returned for warranty service must be packed to best commercial standards to prevent shipping damage.
- Warranty shall be void and Seller shall be released from all obligations under this warranty if the products are operated with components other than those sold or authorized by Seller.
- Repairs and replacements under warranty have the same warranty as the original product for the remaining balance of the warranty period for the original product existing prior to notice of the warranty claim.
All specifications, drawings, prints, tooling, designs, reports, photographs, technical information and other data provided by Seller to Buyer shall be and remain Seller’s property, and shall be strictly kept confidential and shall not be used or reproduced for any purpose other than that specified unless Seller gives its written consent. Any novel techniques or improvements made or conceived by Seller or its agents or employees in connection with any Buyer order or agreement shall be and remain the property of Seller.
Buyer shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Seller, its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective directors, officers and employees and representatives, from and against any and all claims, suits, losses, obligations, causes of action, damages, and expenses (including attorney’s fees) relating to or arising out of any use of the products by Buyer or its Customers.
10. GOVERNING LAW
All matters pertaining to the construction and performance of the contract shall be governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, and any matters not provided for therein shall be governed by the domestic laws of Japan.
Return shipment for repair or maintenance
For the repair or maintenance of OYO products, please follow the following procedures.
The products should be returned with an appropriate invoice which clearly shows the following items.
- Consigned to OYO Corporation
- Description of Goods
- Value for Customs Purpose
* Appropriate value of the products in question should be described.
- Reason of return and country of manufacture.
* Please clearly indicate “JAPANESE GOODS BEING RETURNED FOR REPAIR.” This should be also indicated on Air Waybill.
- Model number and Serial number
One copy inside and one copy outside the container
A copy of the Original Invoice from OYO Corporation should be included if at all possible, as this will expedite Customs Clearance.
Shipment should be consigned to:
43 Miyukigaoka, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0841, Japan
A complete copy of the documents should be e-mailed to OYO Corporation or a representative in your country. Also, the complete description of problems should be included.
All equipment must be shipped prepaid by the customer. Shipment will not be accepted on a Collect Basis unless there is an agreement on the contrary.
As we have the personal information, we take personal information protection as one of the management priorities, we set the compliance program. By observing the following contents, we aim to protect personal information.
- We disclose the purpose of gathering the personal information when we do.
- We use your personal identifiable information within the limitations of your agreed purpose. We will not provide or disclose your personal information to third parties.
- We will measure to prevent unauthorized access to personal information, missing, damage, defacing and divulgation from both of technical side and organization side.
- If the person may disclose, correct and delete the personally identifiable information, we will act appropriately following socially-accepted idea and custom in certain period.
- We will observe the related regulation and other guidelines.
- We will make continuous improvement s for personal information protection.
The utilization purpose of your personal information
1. Utilization purpose
- We will use your personal information for below purposes.
(1) Business contact, contract fulfillment (delivery of service and products)
(2) Announcement of OYO and group companies’ service and products
(3)Announcement of OYO and group companies’ exhibitions and seminars
(4) Carry out customer satisfaction survey
(5) Respond your questions and requests
(6) Others that we informed beforehand and agreed purpose
- OYO will provide third parties with your personal information for business reason. In this case, the third parties should be certified, and we contract and oversee appropriately regarding the personal information handling.
2. Other than those above
- Other than above, if we need to use your personal information, we will ask your agreement except ordered by decree.
Disclosure to a third party
- OYO will not provide third parties with your personal information other than above 1 and below.
(1) beforehand your agreement
(2) disclose with unidentified personal format such as statistic data
(3) request by law
(4) it involves human lives, body or protect the wealth, and hard to receive your agreement
(5) need cooperation for government or local public authorities official activity, and it may cause discouragement by having your agreement
Official work department general affairs division：+8148-652-0651
OYO reserves all the rights of this “OYO Web” site. OYO has all the copyrights of all the contents (articles, graphs, charts, drawings, pictures, movies, graphics, sounds and company logo, creations with copyrights) in our website.
Parts of this information contain the products that OYO received its licensing from the licensor.
The permission is required if the material are being used beyond “personal use“ and “citation”.